Friendsfirst is a program for adults who have a developmental disability. Friendfirst operates on a scheduled basis between 9:30am - 12:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Second Presbyterian Church in Bloomington in Martin Hall.
- Meet the needs of families in the community who are receiving limited supports.
- Provide a safe haven for people with disabilities.
- Provide the opportunity for people to meet new friends
- Give people the opportunity to learn new skills, share talents, and practice skills needed for greater independence.
- And have fun!
- Activities include: gardening, arts and crafts, special speakers, photography, music, cooking and community outings
Families who will regularly use the center will be required to pay a registration fee of $20 and contribute a small program fee of $5 for each participant when they come
We can use your support in several ways:
- Wish List Items:
New or gently used games like decks of cards, Skipbo, Uno, Yahtzee, Trouble, puzzles varying in range of difficulty, craft supplies including card making supplies like card stock, stamps, stickers, magazines, exercise mats, pedometers, exercise DVDs, CDs.
- Your time and talent:
We rely on volunteers each time we are open to engage in activities with participants. Volunteers can bring in a hobby to share and/or teach people or just come to participate in the days programming with the people who attend.
If you have items you wish to donate or you have questions about the program, please email Kristi or call 451-8888 ext. 224.
Friendsfirst provides . . .
new friendships, learning skills, sharing talents